List:       kde-devel
Subject:    determine usable desktop size
From:       Ewald Arnold <kvoctrain () ewald-arnold ! de>
Date:       2002-01-21 18:15:09

Hello,

I want to automatically place a KTMainWindow and a dialog side-by-side
(vertically and horizontally) so I can see as much as possible in the main
window while working with the dialog.

The following works but the windows are too big because the window decoration
is not correctly taken into account. And the windows have the size of the
whole desktop and are partially covered by the panel.

   QWidget *desk = QApplication::desktop();
   resize(desk->width(), minimumHeight());
   mainwin->resize(desk->width(), desk->height()-height());
   mainwin->move (0, 0);
   move(0, mainwin->height());

Basically I need to determine the same size as the "fullscreen button" in the
top of the window does.

I am not on this list so please send a cc: to ewald@ewald-arnold.de

thanks
Ewald