List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange behavior Konqueror Forms with Netscape
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-01-08 7:56:51

> I don't know if anyone has noticed this, or if it has been file (I looked and
> couldn't find it), but there is an odd behavior with Konqueror when Netscape
> is open.  If Netscape is open, and you open a form with a text area (at least
> in Linux) the entry into the text area is really sluggish.  I am not sure
> what the problem is but I can type away and slowly my letters appear, and
> sometimes it seems that letters get skipped.  Netscape still works properly
> with the same forms without any delay, it is just Konqueror.  If I close
> Netscape, Konqueror starts to work fast again.  Also I can have half a dozen
> other things open and Konqueror will work fine, if I just have konqueror and
> Netscape open Konqueror forms are slow.

Hi!
  Did You try to examine Your CPU usage while netscape is running ? It may be broken
and consume 99.99% of CPU cycles, itself working well. It can brake down other
processes, which may be more noticeable with konqueror, because, yes, its textarea
handling requires relatively higher CPU power, than, for example, typing into konsole
or xterm.
  Use 'top' to view what's eating up Your CPU.

                              With regards, Pavel Troller