List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Site Maintenance
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-14 20:46:28

On Fre, 14 Dez 2001, John Rizzo wrote:

> Ok so one step at a time right.  I believe that I can accomplish much of this
> using zope as the content management system.  I would like to take the
> current incarnation of the site and duplicate it using zope.  I would use all
> the usefull utilities such as templates, caching, etc that are available
> through zope.  Much of the dynamic sections of the site that use php can
> still be leveraged since integrating php with zope is trivial.  Once this
> proof of concept is available and consistant with the existing site I can
> make it available to other people that are interested in helping with the
> site and see what they think.  Any appropriate changes could be made.  Then
> when its ready would could implement it as kde.org.

How do you want to implement revision control by using Zope ?

I do understand that Zope is easier to use for Webdesigners and
content-providers than the traditional html editor+php method. However
security wise this opens a can of worms. :(

The advantage of using the traditional method is that it doesn't matter much
which way you used to create the site - with Zope the only effective method
known to me is to use the Zope management interface itself.

So there is no way to talk you into going the traditional way with
contributing via CVS ? :)

Dirk