List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: JavaScript support in Konqueror.
From:       Anthony Moulen <ajmoulen () moulen ! org>
Date:       2001-11-15 3:56:34

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Eric Laffoon wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 November 2001 07:00 am, Janis Gailis wrote:
> > I am using Konq 2.2.1 on RedHat 7.1,
> > with KDE2.2.1/Qt2.3.1 and, for example,
> > at www.hilton.com the DHTML menus are
> > not responding on the mouse clicks.
> > The reason can be that JS support is not
> > fully provided in Konqueror.
>
> But then again you can positively determine what is going on. I'm running KDE
> 2.2.2 from CVS and I tried the site and even changing the browser
> identification string it would flat out not let me in. I suspect you cannot
> view the site with Opera either. I'd say the problem here is a web master
> that is either lazy or arrogant.

I was able to get in with Konqueror just by changing (and saving) Netscape
as my agent string.  It seems to be that the size around images in
Konqueror is different than in other browsers as it often seems to wrap
while other browsers don't.  Also it seems that the locations are a little
off for this site.

And just like the person mentioning this problem, I can not get the menus
to work.