List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE Debug howto : need help on debugging kio_slave
From:       Eric Devolder <edevolder () eft ! be>
Date:       2001-11-12 15:25:41

Hi there,

As I'm currently trying to write a kio_slave, I need to use some debugging tools.
Regarding the use of KdDebug() method, I'm feeling a little bit confused, as I didn't \
found any good information about it. I've read somewhere that pressing SHIFT+CTRL+F12 \
on any kde application would raise a debug window, which is not the case on my \
environment. If someone can indicate me how to get this valuable information... I've \
also found an application which is into the kdebase package of my distribution, \
kdebugdialog. Seems to be a mean to adjust what debug output should be taken into \
account. But I don't know where this output can be seen. The kio_slave is probably \
not the easiest application to debug, as it is loaded as a dynamic library. So if \
someone has some experience with that kind of soft & gdb, I would be *very* happy.

Thanks all

Eric