List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Redirection problem + How to get files in Sidebar?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-12 15:27:43

On Lundi 12 Novembre 2001 15:58, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> 1) use "print/printer" (self-made mimetype), I then get an HTML page, but I
>    can't see them in the sidebar because they are not dirs

Right. Won't work.

> 2) use "inode/directory". Then a "listDir()" command is issued when clicking
>    on it instead of a "get()" (as normally, an HTML page should be returned).
>    I tried to redirect to a fake URL like "print:/printers/Printer1/index.html",
>    but the redirection still issues a listDir() command.

Don't redirect in listDir, it's too late. Try redirecting in stat() instead.
Hmm.... but if it can't list directories, it won't appear in the sidebar either...

See the whole problem is that from an ioslave point-of-view is that there's
no difference between "listing the directory in the sidebar" and "listing
the directory in the iconview (or listview)".

This calls for inherited mimetypes again, though. A mimetype inheriting
from inode/directory would be simply listed as a directory in the sidebar,
but could be associated with a specific kpart for the main view...

One thing that would work, would be to emulate having an "index.html" file
inside each directory, provided that the option "use index.html" is activated.
But since it's an annoying feature (imho) it's off by default. Well, if it's off
it's only one click away to open those index.html files. In fact another solution
would be to give a better name to that file or even split into multiple files,
like kio_audiocd.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops