List:       kde-devel
Subject:    "Cool" uses of KDE
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-10-25 21:38:35

I am going to be doing a fairly short (30 minute) session on "hidden"
features of KDE at ALS.  These are things that KDE (or KDE apps) enable
you to do that aren't very obvious and not very many people know about
them.

Konqueror, of course, has a lion share of them.. but even little things
like the 'klipper' app qualify (most people *still* don't know what that
does).

I think I have a pretty good idea of most of the "big" hidden stuff...
but I could definitely be missing something.  If you do something with
KDE that helps you work better or faster or is just plain cool, let me
know.  If there is some feature that you always show your friends since
you just can't live without it, let me know.  If you are using DCOP in
ways that most people wouldn't think possible, let me know.

Please *don't* respond to the list, though, as things can get off-topic
awfully quickly.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop