List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml(?) rendering problems & workaround
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-10-25 21:35:34

On Thursday 25 October 2001 13:46, Dirk Mueller wrote:
|   On Don, 25 Okt 2001, Per Wigren wrote:
|   > So how about this page: http://www.idg.se/idgse/default.asp
|
|   how is this related to the mail you replied to ?
|
|   > It looks really funny in Konqueror to say the least... I
|   > tried 2.1.2 and 2_2_BRANCH from 22nd.
|
|   Yeah, it looks wrong, agreed. If you can send me an understandable
| testcase I can fix it in less than one hour.

Dirk, please find testcase below.
Bug should be named "Absolute positioning of TABLE element in KHTML is broken"

Expected behavior 9I tested with Opera5/linux) - table should be on right
side of the screen.
In Konq - it's on left part.

BTW: there is an open bug on bugs.kde.org, testcase I did somewhat in Jan.2001
<!-- saved from url=(0024)http://www.idg.se/idgse/ -->
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>IDG.se</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY bgColor=#cccccc>
      <!--  first part - located on left side, but not on right  -->

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=0 id=spalt3
style="HEIGHT: 400px; LEFT: 609px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 235px; WIDTH:
250px"
visibility="visible">

  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD align=left vAlign=top>
      <P>This text should be on right side of the page - starting at position
609px from the left of the window,
      and 235px below of the top of the screen,
      </P>

      <TABLE border=0 bgColor=#ffffff cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=0 width=140>
        <TBODY>
        <TR>
          <TD>
          <P>Small table inside - just 140 pixels wide. Just like in original
column on IDG.se</P>

               </TD></TR>
            </TBODY>
          </TABLE><BR>
     </TD>
  </TR>

  </TBODY>
 <!--  end of TABLE with Absolute Positioning   -->
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

|   Dirk

P.S. Per, do you have some more "funny" sites from Sweden?
  I am at a moment more interested in mis-rendered sites (not sites with
crashes)

Cheers,
--

Vadim Plessky