List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: New SASL library
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-06-30 20:49:20

On Friday, 29. June 2001 09:09, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 28 Jun 2001, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > should be imported now BUT not compiled by default until after 2.2.
>
> Uh? There is no point having it in CVS when its not compiled and not used.
>
> I don't see the problem with it, it should be a full dropin replacement
> because the old implementation (which was there already before the feature
> freeze) had legal issues, thats all.

I actually also don't see a problem with compiling it.
Also the smtp io slave could be compiled. Even if it is not used by any
application inside of the CVS, maybe a third party developer might want to
use the sasl library or the smtp io slave that will come with KDE 2.2.

Regarding the smtp slave I just have to note, that it compiles now with the
new library, but I didn't test, if authentication works again. I have to look
for an smtp server that requires authentication first.
Sending a mail should anyway be better done by calling a dcop function of
KMail, but one never knows.

On the other hand we also have some other code in kdelibs which is not
compiled by default.
I know at least of kio/tests. That is anyway something, that belongs to
kdesdk IMHO.

Regards,
Michael Häckel