List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    NEW Proxy config dialog [Correction: new links :)]
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-30 20:14:50

Hi,

Here is the new proxy config dialog I have been promising for a while now.
It is fully functional and with the exception of few and perhaps annoying
cosmetic bugs which can be worked out later :)  It has quite few features
that are not present in the current dialog.  It also fixes the infamously missing
config option for setting up HTTPS proxy servers.  The intention of me providing
it now is to have people try it and give me feedback.  It probably would not be
in the 2.2 release since it contains many new messages etc... etc... Anyways,
I appreciate any feedback specially from those using the auto discover mode
(Malte will also appreciate this as well :) )

Screenshots:

Main proxy config dialog:
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/images/mainproxydlg.png

Manual proxy setup dialog:
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/images/manproxydlg.png

Environment variable based proxy setup dialog:
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/images/envvarproxydlg.png

User feedback [Incorrect setup error box] dialog:
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/images/errorproxydlg.png

Installation Instructions:

1.) Download the following two files:

http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/patches/proxy.tgz
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/patches/proxy.diff

2.) Untar/Uncompress (tar -zxvf) the contents of the tgz file
     package into kdebase/kcontrol/kio

3.) Apply the patch from the same directory mentioned above.

4.) Re-compile and try out :)  Please note that the cache and proxy
configuration have been separated.  You can now invoke the cache
config  dialog separately using the "kcmshell cache" command.

Regards,
Dawit A.