On Friday, 29. June 2001 09:09, Dirk Mueller wrote: > On Don, 28 Jun 2001, Kurt Granroth wrote: > > should be imported now BUT not compiled by default until after 2.2. > > Uh? There is no point having it in CVS when its not compiled and not used. > > I don't see the problem with it, it should be a full dropin replacement > because the old implementation (which was there already before the feature > freeze) had legal issues, thats all. I actually also don't see a problem with compiling it. Also the smtp io slave could be compiled. Even if it is not used by any application inside of the CVS, maybe a third party developer might want to use the sasl library or the smtp io slave that will come with KDE 2.2. Regarding the smtp slave I just have to note, that it compiles now with the new library, but I didn't test, if authentication works again. I have to look for an smtp server that requires authentication first. Sending a mail should anyway be better done by calling a dcop function of KMail, but one never knows. On the other hand we also have some other code in kdelibs which is not compiled by default. I know at least of kio/tests. That is anyway something, that belongs to kdesdk IMHO. Regards, Michael Häckel