List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: a few bugs
From:       Henrik Johnson <hpj () globecom ! net>
Date:       2001-05-30 22:37:19

> A few bugs.

> I am running KDE 2.1.2
> RedHat 6.2
> QT 2.3

> I compiled the source and it works great except for a few bugs.

> 1) It doesn't remember my passwords once I enter them in.

There is an option (Which defaults to the safe value) for this in the
settings.

> 2) When I try to commit, the application dies. Sometimes it dies after I
do
> a commit and then another select to see
> if it actually committed, sometimes it crashes as soon as I run commit.

First of all, what version of Oracle are you using? Observe that only
Oracle 8i is supported (That is above 8.1.5), although 8.0 might (And
thats a big mayby) work. Also, have you compiled tora with or without KDE
support (You have to give the --with-kde option to configure for KDE
support). Anyway as a test try running the static binary and see if that
works. After running RedHat once too many I'm always very suspicious
about bugs that only appear in RedHat, they have really low quality on
their distribution in my opinion, always opting for the not really ready
for production versions of the really important software (Like the whole
gcc 2.96 fiasco, unfortunately Mandrake jumped on that bandwagon as
well). Needless to say, Tora has no problems commiting when I run it.

> 3) If the database is not available, then the app just hangs there. It
> doesn't give me a timeout.

I don't get this problem myself. But I can get that problem if you get
disconnected from a DB after you have connected. This isn't really my
fault I'm afraid since it is the OCI libraries that lock up (I'll bet you
sqlplus behaves the same as Tora?).

> Thanks for the AWESOME app. Finally, the power of Toad on Linux!!!!!!!

Thanx.

/Mauritz
GlobeCom AB