List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-01 16:50:59

> Hmm, it seemn Tuesday 01 May 2001 18:17, David Faure wrote:
s "fillcolor" and "pencolor" aren't even used at all.
> Where's the problem EXACTLY ?

the problem is that those icons were copyrighted by Microsoft.
I probably repeat myself but I _don't_ want to see _any_
MS-Windows artwork in CVS.
Apart from the legal issues I'm not very keen on making KDE look more like
Windows than it needs to.
They have been replaced by icons with a different name. Also werner wanted
to do some changes to make the colorselector look like this:

 http://master.kde.org/~tackat/colorbutton.png

(fake-screenshot with konqueror as a dummy-application)

Shawn: btw: The kugar-icon is very well-designed and it looks beautiful.
But it looks like a mimetype-icon. Could you tell your artist too remove the
generic mimetype-paper behind that footstep (and make the footstep
therefore larger) or to replace it by a non-mimetype-like-paper
(as in the kword-icon). I consider the icon which is currently chosen
a usability-bug. Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Tackat