List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-05-01 15:14:41

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 18:08, David Faure wrote:

> Prove me that the move broke stability. The classes are somewhere else. So
> ? BTW, the customers aren't using the CVS version. When the 2 missing icons
> are re-added it should work as before.

OK, not stability, but at least the build, from what I can read. I have no
problem understanding Shawn being nervous about this.

> > If I jump in KOffice cvs and start moving files around and make you lose
> > hours or even days before you recover, I don't think you would appreciate
> > it one bit, even if the change is perfeclty justified from a programming
> > standpoint. Even less if your app was stable at that point.
>
> Why does this make anyone lose hours or days ???????????

Because statistics says that I have a fair chance of making a mistake, and
other developers might miss the change if they don't update the right
directory or anything. There are hundreds of possible causes.

> I'm sorry but this is really nonsense. Nothing has been changed,
> only moved to make available to other apps.

This is still something one shouldn't do without asking the maintainer first,
and even less if the app is a commercial one.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org