On Tuesday 01 May 2001 18:08, David Faure wrote: > Prove me that the move broke stability. The classes are somewhere else. So > ? BTW, the customers aren't using the CVS version. When the 2 missing icons > are re-added it should work as before. OK, not stability, but at least the build, from what I can read. I have no problem understanding Shawn being nervous about this. > > If I jump in KOffice cvs and start moving files around and make you lose > > hours or even days before you recover, I don't think you would appreciate > > it one bit, even if the change is perfeclty justified from a programming > > standpoint. Even less if your app was stable at that point. > > Why does this make anyone lose hours or days ??????????? Because statistics says that I have a fair chance of making a mistake, and other developers might miss the change if they don't update the right directory or anything. There are hundreds of possible causes. > I'm sorry but this is really nonsense. Nothing has been changed, > only moved to make available to other apps. This is still something one shouldn't do without asking the maintainer first, and even less if the app is a commercial one. -- Guillaume. http://www.telegraph-road.org