List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-01 15:17:40

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 15:45, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> At 08:21 AM 5/1/2001, you wrote:
> >I see textcolor there but not pencolor and fillcolor indeed.
> >I guess he forgot to cvs add them. Laurent?
> >This happens all the time with cvs, BTW :)
>
> which is another argument for ACL it seems

Forgiveness doesn't enter the picture it seems.
Come on, this is really getting silly.

Hmm, it seems "fillcolor" and "pencolor" aren't even used at all.
Where's the problem EXACTLY ?

> What is outrageous is that a major surgery job was done on Kivio without
> any discussion whatsoever with us, and things were broken in the
> process. What is outrageous is this was done on the day of the beta
> release. The idea on a beta is do to bug fixes, not wholesale changes to
> the code, and it doesn't all work in Kivio now, that is the point.

Many users have been asking for the same color pickers in kword&kspread as
the ones in kivio, so the stuff has simply been moved. The point in beta-1
was to ship a preview out, not to stop any development.

> Maybe if someone had said "Hey Shawn, it would be cool to have this and this from
> Kivio for all of Koffice, will you slice it out for us and stick it here"
> that would have been a better way to go.

That is, asking you to do the job instead of doing it ? I don't think this
is very nice, on the contrary.