List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ACLs in Kivio
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 20:33:35

Ok - here is the meatiest thread on the topic and maybe someone in here has
some idea of what happened.  Let me say as a preamble, the version in CVS
when we announced the 1.0 availability worked fine.  As best I can tell the
only thing we did was update the splash screen.  There was a situation just
prior to that when the Python dependency got activated or something
somehow.  The key date here is April 13, it all worked at that point.  And
to answer another question about releasing Kivio separately, we will be
making feature distinctions in Kivio that would justify a 1.1, 1.2, 2.0
etc.,  It's not that it is to be considered separate, but I would think
that all of the applications would hit certain plateaus on their own
outside of the entire KOffice release schedule.  Actually, I'm not sure
what dictates a new KOffice release at this stage.  If Kivio reaching 1.1
is a milestone event for KOffice, then by all means, let's do KOffice
1.2.  I imagine there really should be some discussion on this, including
version numbers.

here is the thread (starts with David Faures response to my last question
to him)

No.
This connector dlopening stuff is your magic (well kivio's), and I don't
know anything about it. The bit about an undefined symbol etc. can easily
be investigated with "nm", btw.  Other than that, accusing
autoconf/automake is a bit wrong here, I would rather accuse libltdl,
unless it's a bug in kivio itself.  Michael Matz might be able to help, but
explaining how kivio loads up connectors would help - same for me, I don't
know how it's supposed to work. Testing with the version of libltdl before
matz's big commit might provide a clue too.
David.