List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ACLs in Kivio
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 20:02:29

At 12:51 PM 4/30/2001, you wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Shawn Gordon wrote:
>
> > The reason at the moment is because unexplained things are suddenly
> > happening to Kivio that are causing problems with it just after we
> > announced its 1.0 stability, and it leaves us with egg on our face and a
> > ton of support emails.  Once we get everything cleaned back up and stable
> > and KOffice 1.1 is out then we can see what is going to work best.  Our
>
>I do not buy this. This is about the CVS version not about a stable 1.0
>release. IMHO it is better to deal with the relevant problems which might
>be caused by some check in by talking/mailing to the relevant developer
>not via ACL.

You can buy it or not buy it, but I need to get the situation under
control, and to do that I need to eliminate as many variables as
possible.  It might be totally environment or lib oriented, we just don't
know what happened and we have to work backward, and this is how I decided
to do it.

>What is so special about kivio compared to stuff like konqueror etc?

I didn't invent ACL, I was talking to one of the KDE testers and he told me
that we should use it like they are on some other things and it seemed like
a good idea for the short term.  It is special to me because we did it.

And now I am going to use my rather limited time to try to actually solve
the problem as opposed to continuing to talk about it.

>Yours,
>--martin

Regards,

Shawn Gordon