List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ACLs in Kivio
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-04-30 21:37:12

On Montag, 30. April 2001 21:51 Martin Konold wrote:

> I do not buy this. This is about the CVS version not about a stable 1.0
> release. IMHO it is better to deal with the relevant problems which might
> be caused by some check in by talking/mailing to the relevant developer
> not via ACL.
>
> What is so special about kivio compared to stuff like konqueror etc?

what I'm wondering about: there is kde-cvs, you can monitor each and every
commit and those connectors are somehow a really basic feature, so someone
should have noticed this really soon, no?

Working on KDE CVS gives you some responsibility, especially when working on
other people's code. But maintaining an application in CVS also means taking
the responsibility to have a look at it once in a while, especially before a
release, not after.

I really dislike putting ACLs onto all sorts of modules, where just a handful
of people have access. (I agree that the www module is special tho.) It's
just the wrong solution for the problem here.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer