List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ACLs in Kivio
From:       Simon Hausmann <sh () caldera ! de>
Date:       2001-04-30 19:57:41

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 12:40:16PM -0700, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> At 12:29 PM 4/30/2001, you wrote:
> >On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 12:13:22PM -0700, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> > > The reason at the moment is because unexplained things are suddenly
> > > happening to Kivio that are causing problems with it just after we
> > > announced its 1.0 stability, and it leaves us with egg on our face and a
> > > ton of support emails.  Once we get everything cleaned back up and stable
> > > and KOffice 1.1 is out then we can see what is going to work best.  Our
> > > hope is that people would respenct our position as the main application
> > > maintainers as they do for other applications.
> > >
> > > I'm not interested in placing blame or anything else, I just want the
> > > application stable and useful and we can deal with how to prevent such
> > > problems in the future after we all have a successful KOffice release.
> >
> >Well, it's quite easy to track changes and find out who changed which line
> >of code or what changes were applied in the say last 3 weeks (of course any
> >time range works) . That's one of the reasons why we have CVS ;-)
> >
> >Bye,
> >  Simon
>
> Well, we thought it would be that easy, but somewhere between when we
> announced 1.0 and the KOffice beta 1.1 release, the connectors in Kivio
> stopped working and everyone is scratching their heads trying to find the
> reason, both internally and externally to theKompany.  We are certainly
> open to suggestions.

I can fully understand that.

What you could do is (in koffice/kivio) :

cvs update -rKOFFICE_1_1_BETA1
and then
cvs diff -D"<date>" , whereas <date> is like -D"2 months ago" or -D"2001-03-24" ,
that should give you a diff of what changes where applied in that time. Using
cvs annonate and cvs log you can then easily find out who exactly did which
changes.

Hope this helps

Bye,
 Simon