List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Moving the "Information" module from the control panel
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2001-04-11 11:16:52

Am Mittwoch, 11. April 2001 10:10 schrieb Matthias Elter:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2001 02:13, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 11. April 2001 00:39 schrieb Richard Bos:
> > > I agree with Christoph.  It's now very easy to find.  When it is moved
> > > I need to search the system where to find the system info.  No, please
> > > leave the sysinfo in kcontrol!
> >
> > I could swear I've recently seen ksysctrl embedded in kcontrol, but maybe
> > I've just been dreaming :] Well, that's how it should be, any remaining
> > info-modules should be ported to ksysctrl and ksysctrl itself should
> > become a kcrontrol module [if it isn't yet].
>
> Uahhh ... for some reasons I dislike ksysctrl. And I agree with Dawit and
> Christoph that system information should be removed from kcontrol. Our
> system information modules are very basic right now and if somebody wants
> to improve on them or add additional modules then its definitely time to
> move them out of kcontrol. kcontrol already is very crowded.
I remember that discussion when I posted a screenie of a proposal for
revamped info modules. I do like the integrate-it-into-ksysctrl idea though.
IMHO ksysctrl is a little extreme in how it clones Win9x's device manager but
with all the controls that might change settings disabled (or is that a
planned feature?). Anyway, I think some kind of compromise between ksysctrl's
compact structure and the info the other modules provide would be nice. I do
volunteer in principal, but I fear I don't have enough time to do that all.
-Malte