List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Moving the "Information" module from the control panel
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-04-11 8:10:48

On Wednesday 11 April 2001 02:13, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. April 2001 00:39 schrieb Richard Bos:
> > I agree with Christoph.  It's now very easy to find.  When it is moved I
> > need to search the system where to find the system info.  No, please
> > leave the sysinfo in kcontrol!
>
> I could swear I've recently seen ksysctrl embedded in kcontrol, but maybe
> I've just been dreaming :] Well, that's how it should be, any remaining
> info-modules should be ported to ksysctrl and ksysctrl itself should become
> a kcrontrol module [if it isn't yet].

Uahhh ... for some reasons I dislike ksysctrl. And I agree with Dawit and
Christoph that system information should be removed from kcontrol. Our system
information modules are very basic right now and if somebody wants to improve
on them or add additional modules then its definitely time to move them out
of kcontrol. kcontrol already is very crowded.

Matthias