List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Moving the "Information" module from the control panel
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-04-14 9:06:15

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 01:16:52PM +0200, Malte Starostik wrote:

> IMHO ksysctrl is a little extreme in how it clones Win9x's device manager but
> with all the controls that might change settings disabled (or is that a
> planned feature?). Anyway, I think some kind of compromise between ksysctrl's
> compact structure and the info the other modules provide would be nice. I do
> volunteer in principal, but I fear I don't have enough time to do that all.

The big problem is that ksysctrl is VERY ia32 centric, as well as Linux
centric, and as such IMO should be in the kdelinux module or somesuch.

OTOH the kcminfo modules are abstracted reasonably well, altho they could
stand to be reorganized a bit.  But IMO kcontrol is the proper place for
such information, and if someone wanted to add the ability to tweak some
of these settings to kcminfo, why not?

- alex