List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2beta1
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-03-28 7:41:20

> I especially would like to hear about the status of the following issues:
>
> * dom2 event stuff
> * new kio-slave configuration
> * doc generation
> * LPR support of new printing framework

There's 2 plugins for LPR. The first one is a Linux/LPR plugin only, which
will provide complete printer management. At this moment it only works
for printing, but it is usable.
The other one (lpdunix) is a generic lp/lpr plugin that provide the same
support as Qt printing. This plugin won't provide any printer management,
but will allow to print on any system using either lp or lpr. It can be used
as a "default" plugin. It currently supports: Linux/LPR, Solaris, HP-UX
and IRIX-6.x. I'm missing informations for LPRng and AIX systems. I
made a request on the kde-devel list, but didnt' any answer.
This generic plugin has been commited yesterday, so it needs testing on
various supported systems. But it works for Linux/LPR.

Bye.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM