List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Adding MD5-C++ implemetation to kdelibs
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-11 2:10:44

On Sunday 10 December 2000 17:49, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 07:30:56AM -0500, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > CODE: http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/code/kmd5.tgz
>
> I think you've re-invented the wheel.
>
> Search for md5-cc-102.tar.gz or just point Google to md5 C++.

That is exactly where I got the code.  I just used that same C++ implementation
and just modified or adapted it to KDE.  I thought this was clear from my message.
I will be one of the last people to start re-inventing, believe me...

> However something like this *would* be useful... as I'm playing around
> with the above trying to create a re-usable class for Digeset
> authentication.  Only to find I really do hate it.  Stupid hashes of
> hashes of hashes.

Hmmm... how is it different from the boiler plate c implementation that is in RFC 1321
or are you stating that RFC 1321 can be implemented better ?  I have not gone in depth
into the correctness of the implementation, but just the modification and adaption into KDE ;
so I would be interested to know your view point...

Regards,
Dawit A.