List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Adding MD5-C++ implemetation to kdelibs
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-12-11 0:10:40

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 08:45:56PM -0300, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> There *is* a base64 (and uuencode and xxencode and binhex) codec in uulib.
> Not only that, but it's the damn best codec you are likely to find.
>
> That was, last I checked, in kdesupport, but was scheduled for removal
> because noone used it (except krn that's no longer in KDE2)

Hmm, I was hopin for a C++ implementation... altho I did brifely look at
uulib... perhaps I should look again.  I was currently going to rip out
the appropiate code from base64 (/usr/ports/converters/base64... can get
at it via cvsweb at www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi IIRC).

anyways my current thought (as I howl along to Depeche Mode) was that
maybe these belong in kio... why?  Well for instance the Digest
authentication dealie I'm working on is part of the SASL spec which copied
it nearly verbatim from the HTTP spec meaning that nearly every ioslave
should have access to the various authentication md5-digest routines (in
this case class.. but still).  And then, the md5 stuff.. well the majority
of the KDE apps needing MD5 routines are also going to link against kio,
right?

- alex