List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Koffice translations
From:       Kim Enkovaara <kenkovaa () cc ! hut ! fi>
Date:       2000-09-28 13:53:32

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> for actually wasting your time and writing free code. Can we please get down to
> earth again?! The idea to ship a .0 version AT THE SAME TIME with complete
> translations and documentation is very ambibious, this is why nobody else is
> doing it. We try to do our best to help, but if it compromises code quality,

I have been doing few commercial translation projects also and they were
always done to the released version of the SW. Or propably started with
very late beta. I think also that getting everything translated to KDE
2.0.0 is too ambitious goal. We can achieve good translations, but
perfection needs time. If I remember correctly that was also case with KDE
1.0.0 and it had less translatable programs and strings on the whole.

As a translator I understand that one change in strings causes work for
many people, but that shoudn't prevent correcting spelling errors in the
original texts or functionality. We need stable and good enviroment
first, then the translations to complement it. If we have buggy
environment we have nothing.