List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Koffice translations
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-09-28 13:58:26

On Don, 28 Sep 2000, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> This is getting truely annoying. As if it wasn't enough to get bashed from
> console-lovers for writing GUI programs, now even fellow programmers blame you
> for actually wasting your time and writing free code. Can we please get down to
> earth again?!

Sorry, I did not validate the things mentioned by me about ksnapshot and
your rewrite. I merely "quoted" some complaints I heard from a/few
documentation writer(s). That's why I said "I heard".

The second point was that while it was mentioned on irc nobody seem to have
read the message about the "GUI" keyword. So I took the chance while reading
Waldo's mail to point to the "GUI" thingie again.

> - the GUI keyword thing was invented AFTER my commit, at least I read the mail
>     afterwards
>
> - I immediately talked to Eric and other documentors about the change when
>    the commit was done. The english documentation got rewritten a few minutes
>    later.
>
> - The i18n strings were taken directly from the code of the old ksnapshot
> program, if I missed a character, that's bad, but easily fixable.  What were
> the "quite a few i18n strings" you were talking about?!

It was a quote, Matthias. I'll keep my mouth closed for the future when I
didn't verified the complaints myself. Sorry again.

> Matthias
>  ... pissed.

Dirk,
trying to "unpiss" Matthias and feeling pissed himself because he didn't
validate the things he heard before posting it here..