List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: QwSpriteField soname
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-16 13:56:00

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> I've just noticed that kdesupport 1.1.2 and 1.91 both have a
> libQwSpritefield.so.1 despite the fact that they're nowhere near binary
> compatible (they use different Qts).
>
> Shouldn't we increase the so version?

Hmm, technically they define both the same interface, so they are
binary compatible. It's just that the library below changed. You
do not increase every soname in the system when you switch from
libc5 to lib6 either, so why for QwSpritefield.
Aside from that, I think there is no problem in increasing the soname,
but contact Warwick with it

Greetings, Stephan

--
... but you ain't had mine