List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Updated release schedule
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-06-16 13:01:24

Hi,

please have a look at the updated release schedule to be found
at

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/release-schedule.html

This schedule is of course not definitive. If it has to be
changed, it will be changed. But it should be a guideline to
make a release possible.

I will send weekly reports about where we stand in the
schedule, what milestones will be next, and what changes to
the schedule have been implemented.

Today, I would ask you to fill me in on any details I have
forgotten when drafting the schedule. If there are important
events that should go into the schedule, or if I have listed
you as a responsible, and do not feel responsible, please tell
me now.

Current Status
==============

34 days until the KDE 2.0 Feature Freeze

 5 weeks until KDE 1.92 will be released
 8 weeks until KDE 2.0 RC 1 will be released
11 weeks until KDE 2.0 will be released

Milestones
==========

For now, the next important milestone is July 17th, when a
decision will be made which applications will be in the 2.0
release, and which applications will be moved to kdenonbeta
until they are fit.

July 17th will also be the day when all messages (text strings
in the source-code) will be frozen to allow the translations
to get in sync.

On July 20th, the features for KDE 2.0 will be frozen. After
that date, only bug fixes will be possible.

TODO
====

o Fix bugs
o implement missing features
o improve documentation and translations

Bye,
Matthias.

BTW: Please do not complain that the table looks awfull in
netscape. Konqueror get's it right... :-)