List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: About names or commoditizing KDE applications
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-06 16:58:34

David Faure wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 10:38:01AM -0500, Lotzi Boloni wrote:
> Think about somebody installed Magellan+Empath+KMail+...
> How many "Mail client" will he have in the K menu ? :)

I've always considered the "generic" named apps to be the ones found
in the base packages.  I expect all "third-party" ones to have better
names :-)

That is, when you see "Mail Client", you should think "The KDE Mail
Client" -- KMail now.

Of course, there are problems already.  There is a "Mail Monitor"
(KOrn) and a "Mail Notifier" (KBiff) :-)
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth