List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: About names or commoditizing KDE applications
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1999-11-07 22:57:56

David Faure wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 10:38:01AM -0500, Lotzi Boloni wrote:
> >
> >   Conversation:
> > -What application are you using?
> > -The "word processor" (he means KWord)
> > -The "mail program"
> > -The "pixmap image editor"
> > -The web browser.

:-)

> >   This doesn't preclude descriptive menus: "Emacs - the word processor",
> > "Empath - the email application" etc.
>
> This is very true.
> And in addition one can have gnome and KDE apps in the K menu,
> so how does he know which "Text Editor" is which (besides the icon) ?
> KEdit - Text Editor and GNotepad - Text Editor is probably a good start
> of knowing which is which.

Instead of using so long names with repeated text, wouldn't it be better
to use submenus? So that we have Applications/Text Editors/(KEdit|Gnotepad)
and Internet/Mail Clients/(KMail|Empath|...)

The only problem may be submenus with only one application by default
(but perhaps these could be addressed by kicker automatically to move
single apps to the upper menu)

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
antlarr@arrakis.es        larrosa@kde.org