List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: About names or commoditizing KDE applications
From:       Matt Koss <koss () post ! sk>
Date:       1999-11-06 16:21:33

On So, 06 nov 1999, you wrote:

>Every user out there talks about "Word", "WordPro", "WordPerfect".
>Talking about "KWord" in addition makes sense. Not "the app named Word
>Processor in KDE's menus".
>
>And the same is true for every other .kdelnk entry.
>Think about somebody installed Magellan+Empath+KMail+...
>How many "Mail client" will he have in the K menu ? :)

Exactly.

I agree that only appnames in the menu are not so descriptive.
The same applies to using only descriptions.

Both are needed in order to discern between applications.

Either make a combined name, like "Caitoo - Internet Download Manager",
or simply use "Caitoo" and put "Internet Download Manager" on a tooltip for this
menu item ( BTW, isn't this the way that it is now in KDE 1.1.x ? ).

	Regards

			Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@post.sk