List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: icon locations
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-28 16:58:47

Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> Maybe for 1.1.2 we should adopt something like
>
> share/icons-lo
> share/icons-hi
> share/icons-hi/large
> share/icons-mini
>
> share/icons -> share/icons-hi
> share/icons-hi/mini -> share/icons-mini
> share/icons-lo/mini -> share/icons-mini
>
> And then write "one-radio-button" GUI into kcmdisplay/style which will
> handle the symlinks.

No, don't touch 1.1.2. Let's ship it as it's now in CVS and
a locolor.tgz that extracts to /share/icons for those of
us that have to live with 8bit :)

> For KDE-2, your solution is the obvious/decent one.
>
> > A similiar scheme would then be introduced in
> > share/toolbar, but there the problem isn't as
> > urgent as we only have one scheme right now.
> >
> > What do you think? The biggest consequence would
> > be that I'd rename all appname.xpm to lo-appname.png
> > and copy the icons from the 1.1 branch to hi-appname.png
> > and large-appname.png. Almost the complete rest would
> > be done by am_edit which already has support for
> >
> > KDE_ICON = appname build in.
> >
> > Greetings, Stephan
> >

> Our luck is named Coolo. What the heck! Managing a >1M lines of code
> project with a well thought out am_edit modif, as it was my 5-lines backup
> script :-) We owe you a case of bear each - so you can get drunk (although
> I believe you don't want it...) 10 times a day for 150 years from now on
> :-)

Well, I never tasted Canadian beer ... ;)
But I bet you have to put a lot of alcohol into it to get all these
woodcutters drunk :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.