List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: translation of Qt
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-28 16:47:09

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >Thanks to QApplication::installTranslator, we do have now
> >the possibility to translate all QObject::tr calls. The
> >Qt print dialog looks quite nicely now translated to German.
> >And another nice side effect is, that QAccel translates
> >menu entries now. Which looks rather professional as German
> >keyboards don't have Ctrl, but Strg.
> >
> >I'm a bit concerned about extracting the pot file from Qt
> >sources, but I couldn't find an official translation template,
> >so ran xgettext -ktr -C */*.cpp within Qt and removed some
> >string we do not need within KDE to not confuse translators
> >too much (wondered myself what "Scope/Key" could mean :)
> >
> >Just to keep those not reading kde-cvs uptodate ;)
>
> You should run findtr on the qt-sources. This is included in qt. You will get
> then the pot file.

But this doesn't help me at all as I need it in gettext format
(without the scope). It's not the technical part that concerns me,
but the license/copyright part.

And I know what the Scope and the Key is, but how to translate
"Scope/Key" to german. And I bet, that "pure" translators would
have a real problem if they're asked to translate it. So I better
removed qdeveloper.cpp messages.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.