List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDE 1.1.2 - release will be delayed!
From:       Torsten Rahn <rahn () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       1999-08-23 11:35:35

Unfortunately it isn't possible to release source-packages for
the  release candidate next weekend as Matthias planned
two weeks ago. If we would do it we would  break our release-
aims completely. In addition it would mean that our icon-set
would look messed up as we have right now two different
mime-type-icons in CVS: old and new style mime- icons.
So it would be neither  a beauty-release nor usable in
terms of usability  ...

Due to the fact that the artist-team hasnīt finished the work on
beautifying KDE yet the release of KDE  1.1.2 will be delayed by
one week.

KDE-Artist-Status:
===============
So far the hicolor-Icons for the following icons are part of the CVS:

- parts of kdebase
- kdegraphics
- kdetoys

the modules kdemultimedia, kdeadmin, kdegames and kdeutils
are finished but still need to be  committed to CVS.

kdenetworks and kdebase still lack parts of the icons. The
work on these icons will be finished by Thursday evening.
So by Friday evening all HiColor-icons should appear in CVS.
The work on themes  and on the missing locolor-icons
will need 3-4 days in addition. The last artist-commit to the
CVS will happen on Tuesday evening (August 31st).
After this  everything will be ready  for a release
of the source-packages for the release-candidate
of KDE 1.1.2 on Sept 6th.

Torsten Rahn

Please consider the KDE_1_1_BRANCH to be frozen!

This means that changes to the code are only allowed if

- they fix critical bugs
- they have been approved by at least two developers

Changes that do not match these criteria will be reverted.

Exceptions from this rule are only translations,
documentations and additions by the artists team.

TODO: Test the KDE_1_1_BRANCH

Now that the code is frozen, please check it out and test it
on as many machines and OSes as possible to ensure everything
is working.