List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: First draft of an "About KDE" dialog box
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-08-23 8:43:17

On man, 23 aug 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

>Some comments:
>
>* KDE Desktop Environment -> 'K Desktop Environment' or 'KDE'
>* I would leave out the frame around the title 'KDE Desktop
>Environment'

Yep: "K Desktop Environment" it will be.
The frame is just there to tell me where the label is :)

>It would be nice to have the same look&feel for the 'About KDE' and the
>application 'About' box. Do you think it is feasible to have a base
>class and derive both dialogs from this base class?

I will look into it. The goal must be that the "About KDE" is a special case of
the  "KAboutDialog". This class must be extended. I think generally  is best to
use the QTextBrowser rather than KUrlLabel. It is way more flexible.

--
Espen Sand