Unfortunately it isn't possible to release source-packages for the release candidate next weekend as Matthias planned two weeks ago. If we would do it we would break our release- aims completely. In addition it would mean that our icon-set would look messed up as we have right now two different mime-type-icons in CVS: old and new style mime- icons. So it would be neither a beauty-release nor usable in terms of usability ... Due to the fact that the artist-team hasnīt finished the work on beautifying KDE yet the release of KDE 1.1.2 will be delayed by one week. KDE-Artist-Status: =============== So far the hicolor-Icons for the following icons are part of the CVS: - parts of kdebase - kdegraphics - kdetoys the modules kdemultimedia, kdeadmin, kdegames and kdeutils are finished but still need to be committed to CVS. kdenetworks and kdebase still lack parts of the icons. The work on these icons will be finished by Thursday evening. So by Friday evening all HiColor-icons should appear in CVS. The work on themes and on the missing locolor-icons will need 3-4 days in addition. The last artist-commit to the CVS will happen on Tuesday evening (August 31st). After this everything will be ready for a release of the source-packages for the release-candidate of KDE 1.1.2 on Sept 6th. Torsten Rahn Please consider the KDE_1_1_BRANCH to be frozen! This means that changes to the code are only allowed if - they fix critical bugs - they have been approved by at least two developers Changes that do not match these criteria will be reverted. Exceptions from this rule are only translations, documentations and additions by the artists team. TODO: Test the KDE_1_1_BRANCH Now that the code is frozen, please check it out and test it on as many machines and OSes as possible to ensure everything is working.