List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.2 - release will be delayed!
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-08-23 11:54:49

On man, 23 aug 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote:

>Please consider the KDE_1_1_BRANCH to be frozen!
>
>This means that changes to the code are only allowed if
>
>- they fix critical bugs
>- they have been approved by at least two developers
>
>Changes that do not match these criteria will be reverted.

I can do the change if I get the "go ahead" message.

I sent a message yesterday concerning kiconedit: Open to instances
of the program. Drag the leftmost icon from one to the other. Drop.
The source program segfaults.

Here is the fix (I had the same problem with khexedit a long time ago)

"kdragsource.cpp"
"void KDragSource::mousePressEvent( QMouseEvent * )"
the dragsource must be allocated with "new".

QImageDrag *di = new QImageDrag( img, this );
if( di == 0 ) { return; }
#if QT_VERSION > 140
QPixmap pm(Icon("image.xpm"));
QPoint pp(pm.width()/2, pm.height()/2);
di->setPixmap(pm, pp);
#endif
di->dragCopy();

(it is straightforward to see what must be replaced)

--
Espen Sand