List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesky (was: Re: Changes to DialogBase and KAboutDialog)
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-12 22:52:18

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:
>
> > > What? I think it's really more logical to put the "sticky" icons in
> > > ~/Desktop and desktop-specific icons in ~/Desktop/<desktopnumber>/
> > >
> > > I can't believe putting sticky icons in a separate dir is more
> > > intuitive.
> > >
> > > Additionally this is backward compatible for the user. while we take
> > > care that the config files are backward compatible, why don't we
> > > respect Desktop icons?
> >
> > Ah, oh, uhm, I misunderstood you. Of course your approach is much better
> > IMHO. :-)
>
> No, it's not :-) (sorry, this is longish, but I hope it will clarify my
> point of view, so that you can combat me effectively).

Hmm, no need to combat you in any way :-)

I first saw Dirk's proposal and I liked it. Now I read yours and I simply
like it more , although both have much things in common.

You have my vote :-)

(yes, I know, I'm a person which is *very* easy to convince ;-)

Ciao,
 Simon (looking forward to the new kdesktop-2000 ;-)