List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.1
From:       "Christian A =?iso-8859-1?q?Str=F8mmen?= \[Number1/NumeroUno\]" <number1 () kde ! org
Date:       2002-03-29 14:52:30

On Friday 29 March 2002 13:30, Martin Konold wrote:
> On Friday 29 March 2002 10:40 am, Christian A Strømmen
> \[Number1/NumeroUno\]

> > > You forgot KDE Bake Oven which seems to be the most advanced and as to
> > > user friendliness by far the best of the candidates:
> >
> > And k3b which just released it's first beta kde3 version.
>
> Well, I think that we could possibly do better than the windows
> counterparts. All these cd burning programs do actually implement yet
> another filemanager GUI.
>
> Why not make cd burning a konqueror plugin?
>
> The konqueror interface is probably easier to learn to yet another file
> manager metapher.

Well, the problem probably lays in the fact that none of the projects use
kparts and similar, not that it isn't integrated into konqueror. Integrating
it into konqueror might be good, but I can't see how that could give me all
the options that either one of the standalone apps do.

Not every kpart should be made just to get integrated into konqueror.

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: number1@kde.org number1@realityx.net /