List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Key bindings don't work when item from menubar is selected
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2002-03-29 14:53:12

On Friday 29 March 2002 09:19, Rob Kaper wrote:
> Not sure if this is intended behaviour, but:
>
> - open Konq with any URL
> - press Alt
> - press F5
> (not Alt+F5)
>
> Konq won't reload because the Alt has selected a menu entry.

It's a Qt issue, btw.  Personally, I'd strongly prefer that pressing the Alt
key didn't activate the menu at all, but it's hard-coded into Qt's key
handling routine.

However, when the menubar is activated, I personally don't object to certain
shortcuts not being available until focus is returned to the document...

Regards,
Ellis