List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.1
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () jowenn ! at>
Date:       2002-03-29 17:03:55

Hi

On Friday 29 March 2002 12:30, Martin Konold wrote:
> Well, I think that we could possibly do better than the windows
> counterparts. All these cd burning programs do actually implement yet
> another filemanager GUI.
>
> Why not make cd burning a konqueror plugin?
>
> The konqueror interface is probably easier to learn to yet another file
> manager metapher.
>
> Just look at how "natural" the kde audiocd:// protocoll feels.

Please stop integrating everything into konqy. I think a lot of small
applications serving a special purpose is better, than integrating everything
into an application, which can do everything, but nothing correctly.

On Windows XP, you can record CDs directly with the Explorer, but it's not
really usable (at least for power users)

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger