List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: KDE 3.1
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 16:03:28

Hi

On Friday 29 March 2002 12:30, Martin Konold wrote:
> Well, I think that we could possibly do better than the windows
> counterparts. All these cd burning programs do actually implement yet
> another filemanager GUI.
>
> Why not make cd burning a konqueror plugin?
>
> The konqueror interface is probably easier to learn to yet another file
> manager metapher.
>
> Just look at how "natural" the kde audiocd:// protocoll feels.

Please stop integrating everything into konqy. I think a lot of small
applications serving a special purpose is better, than integrating everything
into an application, which can do everything, but nothing correctly /
completely.

On Windows XP, you can record CDs directly with the Explorer, but it's not
really usable (at least for power users)

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger