List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: arts BC cleanups
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2002-03-10 9:50:44

On Sunday 10 March 2002 04:49, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>    Hi!
>
> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 12:55:27PM +0100, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> > I'm uncomfortable with the tons of warnings it spits out while compiling.
>
> Well, its C code, where a warning means a lot less than in C++ (especially
> it seems that --enable-debug turns on some really paranoid checks).

Just had a look at some of the warnings:

gslwavechunk.c:635: warning: ANSI C forbids braced-groups within expressions
gslwavechunk.c:712: warning: comparison of unsigned expression >= 0 is always
true

ANSI C violations should be looked at carefully, for portability reasons, and
signed/unsigned stuff is always cause of alarm.

Anyway, lots of warnings, even if they're meaningless alarm people because
they are there. Adds a lot of noise to the output....

I'll look into the stuff and see what I can do.

regards,
	Matze