List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: arts BC cleanups
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2002-03-10 3:49:04

   Hi!

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 12:55:27PM +0100, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> Right. Thanks. Will GSL be the default for the release?

Yes. I'd rather expose it to wide testing now, because we'll need to release
a KDE3.0.1 shortly after KDE3.0, than do the switch of the default at some
later point in the KDE3 series.

Of course it would have been more nice if the code would have been ready
for this already three months ago, but then again, I always think this about
every change I make ;).

> I'm uncomfortable with the tons of warnings it spits out while compiling.

Well, its C code, where a warning means a lot less than in C++ (especially it
seems that --enable-debug turns on some really paranoid checks).

   Cu... Stefan