List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New startup sounds for KDE 3.0
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-10 9:07:51

I think there's no way that we'll be able to decide between all these sounds.
Personally, I like them all.  But this comes to a question of pure taste, and
there's really no advantage between them all, which is what makes it so
difficult.

I think all of the developers should record themselves humming, and then one
of us can mix all of those (with arts!) and produce our startup sound :)

Alternately, we could program a few short instruments into a mixer, write an
array of structs of arpeggios and then get a random number generator to make
the sound for us.

Am I joking with these? Your bet is as good as mine.

-Charles