List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Support for animated icons (on mouseover)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-17 1:29:34

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 05:03 pm, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Mit, 16 Jan 2002, David Faure wrote:
> > The patch moves m_size from KFileIVI to KIconViewItem -> no change for
> > most iconviews, however this makes the patch BIC.
>
> .. makes me wonder why there is no d pointer and why it should be done in
> KIconViewItem and not in KonqIconViewItem (I think that existed somewhen
> although I currently can't find it anymore).
>
> I haven't tested the patch yet - my voting depends on if the icon animation
> is annoying and big enough that users would require a configure option for
> it (in case it does, it would be "no"). I hope I have time for trying
> tomorrow. But it seems I'm outvoted already anyway ;)

Animated stuff certainly needs a config option and needs to be coupled to the
Eye-Candy-O-meter in KPersonalizer.

Talking about KPersonalizer, it pretty much violates every UI standard about
applying changes that we have. I find it very intrusive that clicking through
it actually changes settings. i can't "trust" this application. That's bad
because it will condition people not to rust any application because
"clicking somewhere may break something". Please change it.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com