List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: URL completion (was Re: QClipboard)
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-12-01 0:46:21

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:41:12AM +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> > > - I type 'www.suse.cz' once, it goes there and remembers
> > > 'http://www.suse.cz'
> >
> > But now it doesn't prepend http:// or http://www. yet?
>
>  No it doesn't prepend anything here. It only remembers it as fully qualified
> URL (or whatever is that called). In the example above, it doesn't save
> 'www.suse.cz', but 'http://www.suse.cz'.

With "now" I didn't mean the current implementation, but "when you enter www.suse.cz"
for the very first time. I.e. it doesn't try to guess.

> > > - I type 'su' and it offers me 'http://www.suse.cz' (it simply tries also
> > > to find a match with prepending 'http://' and 'http://www.' )
> > > - I type 'seznam.cz', it goes there and remembers 'http://seznam.cz'
> > > - I type 'se' and it offers me 'http://seznam.cz', and only it
> >
> > I'll try to do this tomorrow.

I just committed this. Dunno if it's exactly what you want, but you can have a look
at KonqMainWindow::historyPopupCompletionItems() (very small method).

>  Oh, great! Some ugly bug in KDE you want to get fixed ?  :)

Actually I do, but it seems I'm the only one that experiences it :} Or is there
someone else who doesn't get a menubar in some applications (kate, kghostview,
kdvi for example)? It's not configuration problem, that's for sure.
KXMLGUIBuilder::createContainer() _does_ call show() on it, and nobody calls hide()
on the menubar, so it's really strange that it isn't shown. If I change

-      bool hasMenuBar = l && l->first();
+      bool hasMenuBar = l && l->first() && static_cast<QMenuBar*>(l->first())->isVisible();

then it will be made visible (due to createContainer() being called multiple times, and
apparently some later show() call does make it visible).

> > You mean stripping the path of all urls and adding all of them on top? I
> > think I rather implement priority sorting in popup-completion, so you get
> > those urls on top, that you visited most often.
>
>  Ok. I think in reality this will often do the same.

Also committed this, please test.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer