List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: URL completion (was Re: QClipboard)
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-11-29 8:41:12

On Thu 29. November 2001 05:00, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:53:28AM +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > - (empty history, popup completion)
> > - I type 'www.suse.cz' once, it goes there and remembers
> > 'http://www.suse.cz'
>
> But now it doesn't prepend http:// or http://www. yet?

 No it doesn't prepend anything here. It only remembers it as fully qualified
URL (or whatever is that called). In the example above, it doesn't save
'www.suse.cz', but 'http://www.suse.cz'.

> > - I type 'su' and it offers me 'http://www.suse.cz' (it simply tries also
> > to find a match with prepending 'http://' and 'http://www.' )
> > - I type 'seznam.cz', it goes there and remembers 'http://seznam.cz'
> > - I type 'se' and it offers me 'http://seznam.cz', and only it
>
> I'll try to do this tomorrow.

 Oh, great! Some ugly bug in KDE you want to get fixed ?  :)

> > - If it also puts hostname-only URLs first (i.e. not showing all
> > seznam.cz URLs in history first, thus hiding the suse.cz ones), it would
> > be Perfect(tm).
>
> You mean stripping the path of all urls and adding all of them on top? I
> think I rather implement priority sorting in popup-completion, so you get
> those urls on top, that you visited most often.

 Ok. I think in reality this will often do the same.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak@suse.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org